The cat is out of the bag, and VKB HQ has announced Gunfighter IV, effectively replacing the Mk.III lineup.
You can read about it on Reddit here (scroll down past the STECS content).
Gunfighter IV looks just like Gunfighter III; the difference is under the hood.
- New generation clutch: No stiction, soft start, and extra smooth movements.
- Spring pre-tighteners: Before, the load was determined by the spring you had to install; now you have a lot more wide—yet precise—control over it.
- BlackBox Mk3: This is a new version of our powerful external controller. Increased frequency and on-board firmware algorithms drastically boosted productivity. The controller became truly intelligent - unlike before, when different external devices required flashing the BlackBox with different firmware, now it automatically detects connected devices and configures them.
- New type of the connector (Rev. C) between the base and the grip. Its round shape allows rotation of the grip without the risk of damaging the contacts. Gold-plated contacts provide extended longevity.
Gunfighter Mk. III owners are not left behind: Gunfighter IV Upgrade Kits will soon be rolled out as well:
- Grip Connector Replacement Kit, and
- Full Upgrade Kit Gunfighter III to Gunfighter IV
Expected availability for US and Canada: End of July 2023.
Until next time,